What is the logic for receiving email alerts?
Below is the email alert logic
- If there are 10 or fewer slots available, then the top (available_slots * 5) contributors of the last 24 hours will receive the alert.
- When bulk (>10 slots or >5 slot-dates) slots are available, irrespective of ranking, all users with at least 1 image contribution in the last 24 hours will receive the alert
No Alert: If there is only one slot and the image contributor does not have an appointment earlier than the available date, then no alert is sent to anyone. Because the slot, certainly, will be taken by that person itself.
Limits: The only reason for limiting the recipients is to value the limited CGI portal logins we got. Notifying 100s of users for less than 10 slots will waste the logins of 90% of users
We know weekends are gateway for the happiness/laziness. We wouldn't want to take it away. Hence, during the weekends (Saturday & Sunday) the system will consider the contributions of that week to alert users.
You can see the latest email alerts sent to the users in the notification history of the subscription page, along with the reason why you have not received the alert. Make sure to contribute at least once in 24 hours.
Previous logic - till Dec 30, 2022 10 PM EST
- If there is only 1 slot-date available, and the contributor already has an appointment earlier than the current available date, the top 7 contributors will receive an alert about the availability.
- If there are only 2 slot-date available, the top 14 contributors will receive an alert about the availability.
- If there are more than 2 slot-date available, irrespective of ranking, all users with at least 5 contributions in the last 24 hours will receive an availability alert in the email.
- When bulk slot-date (>50 slots) are available, irrespective of ranking, users with at least 1 image contribution in the last 24 hours will receive an email alert.
Email Alerts Not Received
Email alerts are sent to the subscribed users who contribute regularly. You can purchase the subscription here. Email alerts will be sent only when you have contributed at least once in the last 24 hours and we see (from our contributors) there is a ...
How to get better ranking?
I recommend to be safe in contributing and do not get locked up when there are slots open. Contributing 5 images per day is good enough to receive alerts when there are more than 3 slot dates available. Aiming for top 14 ranks, to get the alert for ...
Rank 0; Registered with incorrect CGI email id, how to fix?
As agents are impersonating visa applicants, Email alerts are sent to the users who contribute regularly from their CGI account.. This way, even if the agent has a dummy account they can not deceive the Ranking logic to stay top for email alerts. ...
How do email alerts work?
You will receive email alerts to your CGI Federal registered email, when there is a slot available, based on the crowdsourced slots availability screenshots generated by all users, from your preferred date up to 6 months. Watch below detailed video ...
Authorize email alerts sent to other than CGI Email ID
Notifications are usually sent to the CGI Email ID. However, if you want to receive email alerts (subject to approval) to other than CGI Email ID, we need authorization email coming from the CGI Email ID to send alerts to the new email ID. Please ...